Sunday, January 17, 2010

it's been the time of my life ;

Good morning Blog! Last night was so much fun I had to post about it today! So here goes:

Last night around seven Michelle and I went out for a drive. We got in touch with Driscoll and Nolan and were going to pick them up but then Amanda gave us a ring. She was out at Glen's camp drinking and invited us to take a spin out there. So we drove out to Musquash! We parked at the dam and Paul, Dan, Tim, Tom, Glen, and Amanda drove out on the ATC, ATV, and snowmobiles to get us. I rode on the back with Tim, Tom and Michelle went together, Paul and Dan, and Glen and Amanda. It was about a twenty minute spin across the frozen lake to get to the camp.

The lake was beautiful. It was frozen solid and the air was crisp as January allows. Everything was dark and the shadows danced in the moon beams shining down on us. All you could hear were the coyotes, the engines running, and our shrieking laughter. Everything seemed perfect and right in those few moments when it didn't matter who was stranger to who, we were all kids having fun together in the snow. It was beautiful.

After the too-short ride to the camp, we all went in. The cabin was great, really rustic and everything. Complete with outhouse! Haha! Anyway, so we all sat down and cracked open the beer, rum, and vodka. We were all drinking except Michelle because she had to drive us home later. So anyway, we drank and talked and got to know each other a little better. Dan was really nice, I taught him how to dance while the others went out to pick us Ethan. He also let us shoot off his rifle out back! I haven't fired and gun since the C7 out on the ranges a couple years ago, so it felt good to have it back in my hand. Dan promised to take me hunting soon too so I left my number with him. So after a couple hours it was eleven and Michelle and Amanda had to be home so we grabbed up our shit and left. Glen and Amanda took the ATV, Tom and Michelle took the snowmobile, and Dan took me on the ATC, which I've never ridden before. It was really fun. It took us a little longer to get back because I was scared and made Dan drive slow, but it was pretty good all the same. We even had a race with Tim! He won, of course, being on the faster sled, hehe.

So that was that! I just had to write about it, it was so much fun! We're all making plans too for the next time Glen's free for us all to go over there again and stay the weekend! Get back at you soon, promise! XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment